Do many people want to know how to make a hoverboard with magnets? This question is clearly answered in this article. Moreover, another question is also answered on this platform which is: How to Make a Hoverboard with Magnets at home?
A Hoverboard has wheels which are supplied with power from a source. The source is surely the battery. According to tradition, the source is a rechargeable battery so that people can use it again and again.
Before answering how we can make a hoverboard, it is necessary to understand the mechanism of the magnetic hoverboard. Now let’s talk about this phenomenon.
Types of Hoverboard
1) That exists in our daily life and floats on the wheels.
2) Board of the future. It will come in the future. Some samples are there in the market but those are not for sale. Basically, these will float in the air.
However, the magnetic hoverboard is actually the one that hovers.
Operational Logic of a Magnetic Hoverboard
Play with Magnetic Powers
The same charges repel and the opposite charges attract each other. If the magnet fitted under the surface and the magnet on the surface are the same then the hoverboard will not touch the ground. For the same charges repel each other.
Magnetic HoverBoard With Wheels
The number of wheels depends on the design of the designer. Two ways are there to fit the magnet under the hoverboard:
1) Fit the magnet with an iron wheel. The wheel is attracted to the magnet and the magnet is attached to an external source of battery. It is to be kept in mind that small iron particles can be embedded in it.
2) A coil, which can generate the magnetic field, can be connected to the power source. By changing the direction of the current, the magnetic field will also be changed. An amazing thing is that the direction of the hoverboard can be changed while moving forward or backwards.
Read More: Best Hoverboards For heavy Adults
Half Cycle Motor
This is the principle that is being used here to drive the hoverboard. After it is attracted or repelled by the magnet then it will revolve into a half-cycle due to the repulsion or attraction of the magnet.
However, the next half-cycle will be due to inertia. Later, the tyre will be again in the position from where the tire will receive repulsive or attractive pull.
Step 1: Materials: What to Get
- 6″ Iron Railroad Spike.
- 300-400′ enamled copper wire 20 AWG.
- Wire Strippers.
- Duct Tape.
- 50D Batteries. Do not get power-save batteries as these use low energy.
- A Standard Skateboard.
- A Non-Conductible Base.
- 16 small screws.
- Screwdriver, Electric Drill, Battery Holders, and Measuring Tape.
- Hot Glue Gun.
Step 2: Skateboard: Preparations
- All the screws must be unscrewed.
- Increase the diameter to around 2 millimetres of the holes by using an electric drill.
- 2(1/8)” away from the left of the board, and 2(5/8)” to the right of the first hole.
Step 3: Base: Preparation
- All the six railroad spikes must be put to the base such that they are in the centre and are spread equally.
- Attach hot glue to the bottom of each of the spike bases. Let them dry.
- Duct tape must be one inch on each side of each railroad spike so that the spikes do not fall. Moreover, one to several inches of the tape must be attached to the base.
Step 4: Base: Actual Work
- You need to wrap the magnet around the railroad spike from its base. It must be in the counterclockwise direction. Overlapping is not allowed. A foot of the wire from the end on the base and two feet on the end of the tip of the spike must be left.
- Repeat the above-mentioned step in order to do it for all six railroad spikes.
- Now, connect 5 battery holders together. This is to be done 6 times.
- Each set must be put near the spikes but on the base.
- The extra strand that is attached to the base of the railroad spike must be connected to the positive side of the battery.
- Now, put the extra strand that is attached to the tip of the railroad spike just close to the negative side of the battery set. You must not connect it as it will cause one of the six electromagnets.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for each electromagnet.
Step 5: Now, place the magnetic coil with the wheels on the hoverboard. As the magnetic coils are attached to the battery and there will be a magnetic field. It will create a magnetic pull or push. All this depends on the flow of the charges and the charges present on both ends.
Step 6: Here, you need to prepare a place for the battery to fit in. A rechargeable battery must be used so that you can use it again and again. The battery must be of considerable power so that it can support the hoverboard.
Step 7: Now, attach a magnetic strip to the side of the wheel. These are easily available offline and online.
Step 8: As the current passes through the coil, the magnetic field will be produced. The directions of the hoverboard can be controlled, by adjusting the directions of the current flow. The same charges repel and the opposite charges attract each other.
Read More: Best Inexpensive Hoverboard
How to control the direction movement?
If the same charges are produced on the tire attached strip and on the coil, the hoverboard will move backwards. While on the other hand, by producing the opposite charges on the tire and the strip, the hoverboard will move in the forward direction.
Currently, such types of hoverboards are under process. But, someday, science will make progress. With the help of science and technology, soon you will find passionate hoverboard lovers actually hovering around.
1) Is it possible to actually make a hoverboard?
Some of the hoverboards have been designed by brands like Lexus and Hendo. None of them is currently available.
2) Is it possible to make a hoverboard with magnets?
Yes, you can make a hoverboard with a magnet by sitting at home.
3) Do floating hoverboards exist?
A sample has been shown by Lexus. But, such types of hoverboards are not available for sale.
4) Do hoverboards fly?
Hoverboards do not actually hover or fly. There are gyroscopic sensors being used to allow for balance-based control over speed, direction, and thrust.
5) What makes a hoverboard fly?
There are hover engines that contain electrically charged magnets. An inductor is used in order to create a powerful magnetic field. With a strong magnetic field, the board floats in the air.